What the heck is this?

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

Topic author
macsveen
I am merely driving my van

What the heck is this?

Post by macsveen »

I've got four of these "holes". One in front and one behind the rear axle on both the right and left leaf spring. I have the composite/fiberglass leafs.
I've got four of these "holes". One in front and one behind the rear axle on both the right and left leaf spring. I have the composite/fiberglass leafs.
This was in one of the holes. The other three are missing. Do I need them? What are they called and where do I get them?
This was in one of the holes. The other three are missing. Do I need them? What are they called and where do I get them?

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: What the heck is this?

Post by Herbie »

I believe it's some kind of overload or bump-stop arrangement specific to the fiberglass springs. They're not shown in the diagram, but these instructions for converting the springs from fiberglass to steel include the statement "It is not necessary to re-use rubber pads from OE Composite Spring":

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/manuals/ ... ersion.pdf
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

Topic author
macsveen

Post by macsveen »

They don't touch anything, they are just hanging out there. I was thinking that they might be a counter weight or damper to minimize spring wobble.

Topic author
macsveen

Post by macsveen »

Do all first gens have the composite/fiberglass leaf spring? Do they all have these "vibration pucks"?