A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

Topic author
phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Chief Hike (famous hiking spot)

Post by phr1$k37 »

Hi folks,
I have been busy, not well and busy so I need to catch up with all the post in a bit. Anyways I figured I post some photos from our BC Victoria Long Weekend. The following is a hike on Stawamus Chief and for the teens we took (22 of us total) the total round trip was 6:30 hours haha. They were popped tired. My knees began to give on the way down so I had to tell Steph that I needed to book it down the mountain other else someone will need to carry me down >.< Sadly I missed the turn off to the parking lot and kept going down the mountain. Being quite athletic I was timing myself and it was all wrong. Figures. I ended up an extra 1km down the mountain and had to call someone to pick me up from the highway :)

97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Topic author
phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Chief Hike (famous hiking spot)

Post by phr1$k37 »

97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!

Topic author
phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Great pics Frisky,looks like quite the hike,beautiful province,snow capped peaks are pretty cool to see,no wonder that falls was just a rippen :supz:

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Btw, anyone who volunteers to help take 21 teens hiking to the top of a mountain ( and not throw at least a couple off,lol ) has got my vote :cheers:

Topic author
phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

astrozam wrote:Btw, anyone who volunteers to help take 21 teens hiking to the top of a mountain ( and not throw at least a couple off,lol ) has got my vote :cheers:

Oh uh before you all think I am superman, it was 18 teens + 4 adults - Princess cannot drive that many people you know :)
Safety was a concern. In fact we had one teen tumble down the mountain (ok, just scratched up a lot) and one boy who almost went under the lake. Next time I will seriously knock the child unconscience or grab the hair to stop them from panicing. He was fine just took in a little of water. Was up and playing football within 10 minutes. My GF had a slight emotional break down though. That was harder to deal with.

Tell you what is hard ... taking 7 Gr7 girls shopping. Good God ... I dont even know my way around the mall! This one was church related so not so bad but wow can they not run to multiple stores all at once thinking I have super ears to hear what each is shouting at me!?!?! Photos to come later - P&S camera is still with one of them >.<

snapple
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by snapple »

astrozam wrote:Btw, anyone who volunteers to help take 21 teens hiking to the top of a mountain ( and not throw at least a couple off,lol ) has got my vote :cheers:
Yeah,just volunteered to take them to the "top"! Should've volunteered to take 'em back down too! Then maybe he wouldn't have taken that wrong turn at Albuquerque! :poke:
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. :guitar:
'94 Astro AWD EXT LT - Over 211,000 ,parts van now!
DHC Rock rails
Overland Vans 4" lift kit and bumper w/grille guard
Fiamma awning

'95 Astro AWD EXT CS - Just over 99,000 miles

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

He'll learn....... #-o
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

Wow, Phrisk, awesome pics. You are a saint.

And yes, folks, he is a very giveing and generous guy; thats why he's promised to give me his leather seats!
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

great pics,,thanks for sharing the adventure. :supz:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

T.Low wrote:Wow, Phrisk, awesome pics. You are a saint.

And yes, folks, he is a very giveing and generous guy; thats why he's promised to give me his leather seats!

Far from a saint ... nor do I want to be one hahah but dude ... get in the line up for the seats eh!? :p

Topic author
phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

dunedog wrote:
He'll learn....... #-o

Well like I said one teen boy took a stumble ... I still do not know if he pissed off my friend how came to help ;p

I do this because 90% of these kidz have parents who will never take them or "value education over growth" mentality. I see it as a way for them to enjoy what we have around us and learn to respect. All this Go Green stuff is useless unless it comes from the heart. I am looking to make a bigger change with these kidz than that hahah.

Rebel thanks for the comment as well. I do have more adventures but I just dont always post.

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

I do this because 90% of these kidz have parents who will never take them or "value education over growth" mentality. I see it as a way for them to enjoy what we have around us and learn to respect. All this Go Green stuff is useless unless it comes from the heart. I am looking to make a bigger change with these kidz than that hahah.

Good man Frisky....you've got my respect! =D>
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch