Mounting a generator..

A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

Topic author
pengyou
I finally get the smurf thing

Mounting a generator..

Post by pengyou »

Is there some way a generator could be mounted under or in a 'stro? Inside, of course, would probably require a special housing to keep out CO and noise. I wish I had my own area so that I could jack up "Jane" and look under her "panties" ;)
New owner of a 1996 Astro named "Plain Jane" - stock right now - with 200,000 miles on it and running like a champ

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: Mounting a generator..

Post by Rebel »

Only one place you might even come close but you'd lose your spare tire area and that's right behind the dif.
I have my 110v AC unit just behind front buckets and had planned on dropping it through floor as far as it would go and not touch driveshaft but changed my mind. Wasn't enough drop to accomplish what I was looking for.

You could build a box inside, insulate it and then run your exhaust out but I would think the noise would be hard to handle.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

No one's mentioned the Kw output of this generator. Honda makes an amazing 2 or 3 Kw generator which isn't all that big and is mind-boggingly silent. And I'm sure you could find a way to fit it somewhere under the floorboards. Matter of fact, that sounds like a great add-on for the Tramper. It'd give me the versatility of being able to charge my deep-cycles while also temporarily supplying 120v. Matter of fact, if I'd kept the OEM fuel tank, I would have had an endless fuel supply to run the generator. Hmmmm :-k
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
pengyou
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by pengyou »

how about this generator?

http://www.norwall.com/product_info.php ... cts_id=434

It seems to me that it is smaller than the fuel tank that is under there now.
New owner of a 1996 Astro named "Plain Jane" - stock right now - with 200,000 miles on it and running like a champ