Hopefully camping season will open soon-got plans???.

A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Hopefully camping season will open soon-got plans???.

Post by astrozam »

Thanks alot for the info :cheers:

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

I would have been out camping already, but the park near us which is usually open year round, is closed this winter while they build new comfort station. It opens on April 9, and if I get some ok weather, I will camp not too long after that I hope.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Wow, Spike, what a great looking place you have there.

Hey, incase you weren't aware, there are ways to perform self rescue on the Pungo (sit inside) so you don't have to swim the darn thing in every time. Techniques to empty the boat before re entry, then perform a "paddle float" re entry. PM if you care to hear about them, or I'm sure you could internet search "paddle float rescue techniques". Could be fun for the kids. Could have them doing it in less than 60 seconds!

I've taught BCU kayaking for over 15 years.

Cheers

T.Low
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Fire Cakes wrote:
GEJ wrote:Well after the vendor trailer is finished, the roof repair on the RV is next on the list.It might work out where the sales are at fleamarkets.Mid Ohio,Hartville-Rogers,and Hazen PA.

Petey-I have seen the Harper's back yard and even through my best bud puppy Cole lives there with them,I have often wondered what Zammies yard would be like. :-k Just not sure if they would let me across the border with my RV. 8-[
You just leave poor Cole out of this whole thing. ..............................I guess you ARE related to Peter............................with his fettish with dogs. :vom:
Man......How'ed that get twisted around like that????.Well Lynne you never miss a beat.I bow once again to the master. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :muhaha:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Spike99
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Spike99 »

Hi T.Low.

Thanks for the info. Yes. My middle son & I are very comfortable with kayak roll-overs and other water craft rescue techniques. We both have our motorized boat license, we both have our White Sale 1-2-3 Certification and he's near his final steps of lifeguard certification as well. For us "men", we're very comfortable with roll-overs and in middle of lake rescues. Sometimes, we practise those tasks - just for the fun of it.

When is comes to my wife and daughter, its a much different story. (very sad). When they roll a kayak, they freeze (well, almost). When they get into the boat, there's a high risk each of them will fall in and when figuring out which paddle goes with what boat, they struggle as well. Many inexperienced kayakers are like that. Kinda reminds me of the panic kayaker within: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5X7jrwhuVc

If one lacks experience of kayaks and they simply want to "have fun" along the shore line, I feel the "sit on top" design kayak is best for them. Especially if they want to avoid "my lower body is trapped" feeling - like my wife and daughter.

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Kayaking. Pfffft

If God wanted me to Kayak, he wouldn't have made me so's I'd sink like a rock when I'm in my bathtub :smurf:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

he wouldn't have made me so's I'd sink like a rock when I'm in my bathtub
thats just your oversized head full of rocks that makes ya sink like a stone !! :muhaha:
now i couldn't drown if i wanted ........i just float !!!!!!!!
probably cuz of the empty cranium . :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha:
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

peter wrote:Kayaking. Pfffft

If God wanted me to Kayak, he wouldn't have made me so's I'd sink like a rock when I'm in my bathtub :smurf:

LOL- a 502 powered Kayak-----ohhhhhhhhh what a rush!!!. :supz: :rolleyes: :muhaha: :muhaha:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.