Memorial Day camping in Northern NY State 2008

A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

Topic author
Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Memorial Day camping in Northern NY State 2008

Post by Fire Cakes »

Well folks we will be heading out of here right around 9ish. Should arrive at the campground around noon, get set up, get a fire going and then RELAXING for the rest of the time.

Of course we will get lots of pics. See you all Tuesday evening.
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Post by lockdoc »

So, after hundreds of dollars getting my kids van ready, my pop up ready and getting the pups shots all up to date I fill up the gas tank with 620 miles worth of $4 a gallon gas to go to a campout that was picked out so a certain canadian didn't have to drive real far, My oldest son and I made our way up to upstate NY to meet up with the Harpers and a couple of friends of theirs named Daryl and Liz. Well this "certain" idiot (he picked the adjective actually) Canadian thought it would be a great idea to get major work done to his van the DAY BEFORE the campout. He made the mistake of thinking "Better late than never" was a valid phrase in the auto repair industry and didn't show up. Despite having a second car he could have driven down. Fortunately for the rest of us he was forgotten moments after recieveing the news and we all had a great time. Turned out to be a nice weekend though very cold at night. Luckily for me I was able to take an "unused" site that had electricity so we could turn the heat on. Had some fun by the camp fires, walks to the lake, fishing, dog swimming, games, good food and of course, monkey bread and fire cakes. Due to circumstances beyond my control I haven't been able to do many outings with my boys so it was great having my oldest with me. He was still a tad sick from a virus he had during the week but nothing was gonna stop him from coming. I was just as happy as could be. Here are a few pics.

Dogs having some swim time.

Mine and Harpers 16 year olds having some quality time. (They are fishing if you can't see the poles.)

Some of Sundays dinner.

The correct way to eat ribs!

A little stone skipping.

Liz asking me not to make her laugh or she will pee her pants. Naturally I objected to this request.

Bocce ball

Kids van and my pop up.

Me!

MISSED YOU PETER!
Last edited by lockdoc on Mon May 26, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
01 AWD - Stock
98 AWD - Stock
Past:
93 4WD - 305 V8 - 5" lift - 31" tires
98 4WD DHC - 10" lift - 33" tires - Onboard air and Hydraulics - Snowplow
92 RWD - 350 V8 - lowered - 97 front clip
92 RWD - 350 V8 - converted to AWD - V6
91 AWD - 350 V8 - conversion van
94 RWD - 350 V8 - sons van
92 RWD - stock - sons van
93 RWD Shorty - project
89 RWD Shorty - parts van

Topic author
Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

well we arrived back home on Tuesday May 27th. It was a very enjoyable relaxing time with our friends Liz and Darrel and then getting to see Bill and Bill. The children all played well (we even brought along our 4 year old nephew, he had a ball) and of course we had tons to eat.
our site on set up day
getting ice cream from a guy that delivers right to the site..................he has been doing this since I went camping as a kid.................very cool indeed
chicken pot pie in the dutch oven
enjoying monkey bread
swimming for all
play time
of course we saved this for you Peter your favorite part of the fire cakes :muhaha:
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4