Back to tbi

ANYTHING TO DO WITH SWAPPING A V8 OR DIESEL INTO THE ASTRO/SAFARI

Topic author
catfishjn69
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Back to tbi

Post by catfishjn69 »

Hope you guys remember me form AS but I am going back to tbi on my carbed V8. Is it possible to us the stock ecm and burn a chip that just controls the tbi not the ignition or egr(non egr manifold and new accel hei distributor too cheap to lose money on these things), I was thinking about going to a megasquirt and puting a tbi on an adapter plate on my 4 barrel manifold that seemed to be the easiest so I wouldn't have to burn new chips (seems like a hassle). Any thoughts or ideas
Catfish
Jeremy from Indy home of the Indy 500, Brickyard 400, US Nationals, and of course the Colts
My astro is a 93 with a 355, world sprortsman heads, Performer cam, carb, manifold, Forged pistons, headers backed by a 700r4

Bikehauler
I am smitten with my van

Re: Back to tbi

Post by Bikehauler »

Check with http://www.TBIchips.com He should be able to let you know what can be done. I know he also used to burn custom chips. I have a stage 2 chip in my Van and it runs great.
Rocke
No longer the proud owner of a.
1990 Astro Cargo shorty. 350 V8, roller cam, flat top pistons, roller rockers, tbi stage 2 chip, built 700r4 tranny. 3:42 open diff (3:73 posi waiting install). Now rollin on new 18's with 235/50 tires.

Delta B.C.
Canada EH!