Hopefully camping season will open soon-got plans???.

A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

Topic author
GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Hopefully camping season will open soon-got plans???.

Post by GEJ »

Hopefully camping season will open soon.Anyone care to share where they are going and anything about the camp grounds they are going to stay at??.Been there before???.Maybe some pics.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

zombie{[six]}
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Hopefully camping season will open soon-got plans???.

Post by zombie{[six]} »

Going to go out around Tortilla Flats and sleep in the van :)
crate 350 bored .60 over, 700R4, lifted...yada yada yada. Who cares what i have, ITS FAST AND I LOVE DRIVING IT!!!

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

We don't have any destinations in mind, but our family is looking to buy a 25' or less, rear bedroom Class C motorhome for this season. Our goal is to be able to hook up our loaded ATV trailer and find some trails to explore here in WA or in OR and ID this summer!
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

No defenate plans yet except for NECO but we are defenatly getting out more this year than the last few years . hopefully my van will be done soon & i can finish setting that up as a camping rig . but we're still looking for a hard side or a popup whichever fits our finances at the time . trying to get out by at least memorial day for a weekend trip to start off the year.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Spike99

Post by Spike99 »

Due to my northern colder region, my seasonal camp site doesn't open until after May 15. That's still ok - since my kids are still in school this time of year.

Approx 1 week ago, we bought another Kayak. Added to our fleet line-up is: 1 x Yellow "sit on top" kayak, 1 x Yellow "sit inside" kayak and 1 x 3 seater red 15ft Red canoe. We also have a custom build canoe / kayak trailer - to be used within our seasonal camp grounds. Water sports is already screeming our name.

For pictures of our seasonal camp site, surf:

Our water fleet (so far):
- Yellow Bic "sit on top" kayak: http://www.boardwise.co.uk/kayak/bic.asp
- Yellow "sit inside" kayak: http://www.lakegeorgekayak.com/wilderne ... _specs.htm
- Red 15ft Coleman Canoe: http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/77/63 ... 15X215.jpg
- Canoe trailer: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251 ... 0_1656.jpg

Our camp site:
- http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251 ... 0_1352.jpg
- http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251 ... 0_1388.jpg
- http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251 ... 0_1366.jpg

As you can tell, we cannot wait to have another season of "fun time" at our seasonal camp site...

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

you meant to say cottage right.....
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Spike99

Post by Spike99 »

Cobra wrote:you meant to say cottage right.....
R U referring to my above post???

If wondering, my seasonal camp site "lot" can be cleared within 24 hours. A "hired" Tow Truck / Moving truck (of F250/2500 or larger) can pull my 29ft Travel Trailer to a different camp site. My deck is sectionalized. Pull a few horizontal bolts and entire deck seperates into 5.5ft wide by 9ft long sections. Stair and handle rails can be removed with a few simple bolts as well. Entire deck slides into my 6x10ft Utility trailer. Canoe & 2 kayaks are secured ontop of our special 6x10 canoe trailer - which is plated for the road as well. Everything at my seasonal camp site can be removed within 24 hours. And when we get tired of this specific camp site (and its lake & adjacent little towns), we simply pull up stakes, and move to a different seasonal camp site. We often stay 5 years in one camp ground and move to a different camp ground - on a different lake. Works for my family....

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

That deck looks super.Very nice. =D>
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Hey Gary...since you started this thread...where are your plans? I didn't see anything listed. :muhaha:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Didn't you hear? He's hammering tent pegs in your backyard for the summer. Now that he's feeling the love again from Lynne, he wants to be closer to your whole family unit.

Touching, I'd say! :cry: :cry:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Well after the vendor trailer is finished, the roof repair on the RV is next on the list.It might work out where the sales are at fleamarkets.Mid Ohio,Hartville-Rogers,and Hazen PA.

Petey-I have seen the Harper's back yard and even through my best bud puppy Cole lives there with them,I have often wondered what Zammies yard would be like. :-k Just not sure if they would let me across the border with my RV. 8-[
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

GEJ wrote:Well after the vendor trailer is finished, the roof repair on the RV is next on the list.It might work out where the sales are at fleamarkets.Mid Ohio,Hartville-Rogers,and Hazen PA.

Petey-I have seen the Harper's back yard and even through my best bud puppy Cole lives there with them,I have often wondered what Zammies yard would be like. :-k Just not sure if they would let me across the border with my RV. 8-[
You just leave poor Cole out of this whole thing. ..............................I guess you ARE related to Peter............................with his fettish with dogs. :vom:
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

LiftedAWDAstro

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

:muhaha: Now THAT'S funny! :muhaha:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

The open road is my backyard Gej, & Canada has one of the finest.

Spike, thanks for the pics. Whats the stability of those sit on top Kayaks? can you shed any light on that?

Spike99

Post by Spike99 »

astrozam wrote: .... Spike99, thanks for the pics. Whats the stability of those sit on top Kayaks? can you shed any light on that?
My wife & daughter love our "sit on top" kayak design. Their legs / feet are exposed (ontop of the boat). Thus, one doesn't feel they "could be" trapped. Especially during a roll over. Being a 100% sealed unit (with one's body on top), one doesn't need a skirt to keep the water out of the inner side of the kayak. One can do roll-overs and no water gets inside the kayak. Sit on tops can be rolled and re-mounted - even if in the middle of the lake. For our "open pit" kayak (as my wife calls it), once rolled and ejected, one has to taxi one's body and kayak back to land - to empty its water and get back inside it. For a `sit on top` kayaks, one can pull themselves across its middle (belly down) and get themselves back into postion. Yes, even if one does a roll-over in the middle of the lake. Being on top, there tends to be more weight above the water line. Thus, a little more tippier then a "sit inside the pit" kayak design. The "sit inside the pit" kayaks are much harder to roll (compared to a sit on tops). Sit on top design kayaks tend to be faster speed in the water. But the "sit inside pit" design has a straighter `tracking` behavior. My daughter and wife love our "sit on top" kayak the best. My middle son and I like our "sit inside the pit" kayak design much better. Each to their own...

If you can, borrow or rent a "sit on top" design kayak and "give it a try". I'd recommend them for kids and smaller size adults. Especially if they don't like having their legs within a pit (and giving them a trapped feeling). Or, want a fun boat while in middle of lake &/or being on during water ballon fights or splash paddles / water fights.

The "sit on top" design come in different flavors. For example: They come is single seater (basic unit), single seater with fish well (which is also little longer design) and a 2 person seater design. We have the small single seater (basic unit) and it works great at our open lake / seasonal camp site. If into rapids, I'd probably go with the slightly longer single seater with fishing well design. And if needed, fill the fishing pit with spray foam. Yes, same spray foam insultation one uses around doors and windows. Thus, giving the units even more floatation ability. For many, the 2 seater design is too heavy. I hear the BIC Company makes the best (structure strength and haul design) "sit on top" design. We have the BIC basic unit.

If wondering, each of my family members do "roll overs" in each of our boats as well. They are even taught with a blind fold on. (no kidding). If they cannot do "roll overs" and `recovery tasks` in a calm & acceptable amount of time, they are NOT allowed in the middle of our lake. And, they are are NOT allowed to boat alone. Mandatory boating safety thing. If into roll-overs as well (even just for fun - while doing water ballon fights at same time - LOL!), the "sit on top" kayak design gets a score of 10 out of 10 (10 being the funest & easier boat to handle). Sit on tops design kayaks are a very "fun boat" to purposely roll-over and do recovery tasks with. The "open pit" kayak isn't for everyone - especially if roll-over & `recovery` (especially if in middle of lakes) is a major safety concern.

Hope this helps....