skippy needs a clue , from zam or trybe

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

skippy needs a clue , from zam or trybe

Post by skippy »

hey guys , i can't get on AS.com at all . no matter what i've tried . my MSN says theres no server & firefox tells me its timed out the server is taking to long . i've cleaned up my computer , & no cookies , erased all temp internet files (cache) no firewall installed , checked all my network connections . & its the only site i can't get on . is it me or are there problems with AS.com ????? lynne says she gets on it with no problem . any ideas , other than just staying here . LMAO
i've got info there i need to retrieve . thanx , skippster
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

tbhager94
I sleep in my van

Post by tbhager94 »

i cant get in either skippy , just another as.com bug
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.

e7ats
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by e7ats »

I can get in. Zam knows but I don't think there is anything he can do to fix it.
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Post by Water Boy »

OK for me 10:35am Monday.
I was told getting my beauty sleep was a waste of time.

1990 Astro (Z motor) mostly original @ 343,584 miles (552,944.8488960001 Canadian) (03/2008). Bad startup puff. Starting to spray for skeeters. Gone 06/07/08.
1993 Astro with a bad W motor. Parked next to a chicken coop in Talking Rock GA
I'm 'tween Canton and Holly Springs (North NorthWest of Atlanta GA)
I haul bottled water everyday- between 500 and 2500 pounds (226.796185 and 1,133.980925 Canadian) INSIDE the van.

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

so , do we know if its AS.com or my computer ?????????????
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Post by Water Boy »

I use http://www.astrosafari.com/ with no problem. Was just there before coming here. I'm on FireFox ver 1.5.0.11. I think that narrows down your problem. Have you tried a totally different computer like at the library?

1990 Astro (Z motor) mostly original @ 343,584 miles (552,944.8488960001 Canadian) (03/2008). Bad startup puff. Starting to spray for skeeters. Gone 06/07/08.
I haul bottled water everyday- between 500 and 2500 pounds (226.796185 and 1,133.980925 Canadian) INSIDE the van.

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

ANY IDEAS ?????? ANY BODY ?????? yes i've had other people try on thier computers & they have no problem , its gotta be something here . i just don't have any idea what !!!!! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

DAILY THOUGHT:

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

well it seems to be a server error at AS.com . The only way i can get in is by using a proxy server . i haven't found one good enough yet , i can get in but can;t log in its still way to slow loading & i get timed out often . so if any body has any proxy addresses i can use please let me know . they have to be high number addresses , the lower number ones won't even let me on line . hopefully i'll get this straightened out soon .

i'd just stay here at ASV but it seems like i'm the only one who is ever here !!!!!!!!!!!!! if i wanted to talk to myself , i don't need a computer to do that !!!!!!!

DAILY THOUGHT:

Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Post by Water Boy »

Skippy,

If you are gonna talk to yourself, talk real slow to match the speed of this site.

As for the proxy stuff I don't have much of a clue.

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

happy birthday by the way waterboy !!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

DAILY THOUGHT:

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

skip,theres nothing wrong with A.S, unfortunately it looks like the problem is on your end

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

I'm here most of the time, and waterboy, I rarely have problems with speed here.

Skippy, the number of things that could be the problem can be reduced. We know that AS.com is up and running, so that is not the problem. We know some people (most people in fact) are not having problems accessing it. So that leave 1) A problem at AS.com that is preventing certain people, probably all using the same ISP or similar ISPs unable to access it. or 2) Problems with your ISP (it might be good to check with them and ask why you cannot access as.com) 3) Problems with your computer probably in the software somewhere. If you contact your ISP and they can find no problem, my guess would be it is your computer. Are you on dial-up or high speed? What operating system are you using? Have you changed or added any software to your system right around when this happened?

I'm sure there are other things that could cause this, but my guess is either your ISP or some software or registry settings on your computer.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Sorry I just seen this Skippy. Not much I could have done anyway by the looks of it. I've been real busy reseeding my lawn, and getting ready to paint my house.
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

ds99
I get chills without my van.

Post by ds99 »

Skippy, it may be that your HOST files may either be corrupted or blocked. You might might want to see if your anti-virus/spam program could also be blocking the site. If your using IE try resetting your browser to default by going to add/remove programs then click the tab "Set Program Access and Defaults" That may do the trick for you.
As far as other browsers try to reset them to a fresh state by reinstalling them or hitting the repair function in options.
Hope this helps.
98 AWD Astro w/Corvette servos and shift kit,
The Watermelon
I have a shoe, and its scary...
No I wasn't in prison, just busy with kids :)

Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Post by Water Boy »

Have you been to....

http://pcpitstop.com/