Body mounts

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Body mounts

Post by jeff hosford »

Where can I find after market body mounts for my 93 astro 2wd. Ive looked on line and can't find any . Is there mounts from another vehicle that will work. Has anybody else had this problem.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Body mounts

Post by astrozam »

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

That's for the info would like to find polyurethane body mounts or don't they make them for the astro. Thanks.

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

What about polyurethane mounts for a 19985 chevy pickup 2wd if I remember they are all the same size and height.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

I honestly don't know, were the 85 p.u's a 2 piece sub frame set up like the vans? if so, then that might be an option.

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

No they were a full frame. But I remember correctly the core support and the cab mounts are all the same just like the astro.

gabequest
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by gabequest »

What about hockey pucks?
2004 Astro AWD
4inch Overland lift, 265/70/16, Poptop Colorado CamperVan, 11inch Roof Fan, Custom Bumper...more to come on the interior

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

Did that once before was hoping to find the proper body mounts this time. Trying to do this project right the first time. When I built my 1986 chevy full size the cab came off a 2wd pickup. but I did not save any of the body mounts. Thats why I thought they might be the same its been a while since I built my truck.

68gmc780
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by 68gmc780 »

gabequest wrote:What about hockey pucks?
Funny,you been reading my mind? I plan on using 2 hockey pucks stacked,glued and drilled for the 2" body lift on my 95 AWD.

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

68gmc780 wrote:
gabequest wrote:What about hockey pucks?
Funny,you been reading my mind? I plan on using 2 hockey pucks stacked,glued and drilled for the 2" body lift on my 95 AWD.
to me it seems like after drilling out the pucks it will weaken them quite a bit and then add in every day wear and tear plus road grime and such and before you know it they will crack in half. if your gonna take the time to do it why not do it right? i never looked into lifting my van as i like em low and i see your having issues locating them but i would imagine they are out there somewhere. just my 2cents.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

The reason I'm trying to find body mounts is. The ones in the ones in the van are toast and the subframe I got don't have any. So I figure if I have to buy them why not get polyurethane mounts if they can be found that is.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

If you have a plastics wholesaler in your area inquire about polyurethane. You could fab your own mounts. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

Does anyone have a GM part number for subframe mounts for the astro. The dealership in my area does not show a part number for them they say they are obsolete.

Topic author
jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

Don,t need the numbers anymore called another dealership. They looked them up in the book and said uppers, lowers and washers would be $219.00 I asked what the mounts all fit they said 1990 to 2005 astros. I hope this info helps anyone.