A.S.No More

Non technical and off-topic discussion

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

I don't think it's right to talk like that about AS.com. Far as I'm concerned, it's like turning your back on a friend who's been there thru thick & thin just because he pissed you off. What I mean is, we all know that AS.com has become more and more unreliable. So ok, let's just transition over here and leave it at that.
Fact is, AS.com has played an important role in my life. I am deeply saddened by the way it's been run to the ground. However, I owe AS.com for the friendship it has allowed me to develop. Regardless of what's happened to it along the years, I will always have a soft sport for AS.com. As I believe alot of others will as well.
So yes, I'm here for good. As mentioned earlier, alot of good folks (and then there's Keith :muhaha: ) have busted their chops to give us this site, and I intend to make use of it. But I don't wanna be bitter about AS.com, the site which allowed me to meet and develop friendships with so many wonderful people.
Oh, and just so's we're clear here, I still think that most of you are retards and social vomit. I am clearly the most intelligent, affluent, educated and modest person on this site full of social misfits and interbreeding southern rednecks. But, what the hell. If I don't interact with you freaks, who the heck will, huh? :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Post by lockdoc »

LOL. I thought the same thing Trybe.

As for my feelings for AS.com, I have no bad feelings for it. The site was great. It is the Adminstartor who owns the name that I have a problem with and I'll leave it at that. What has kept me coming back is the people. Wherever the people showed up is where I went. My problem has been knowing which one to go to. It was like going to friends house and finding they all went somewhere else and you have to go and find them. I'm a creature of habit that doesn't deal with change easily. I have wished for AS.com to just die so we could all just all hang out at the same house again. Whatever house that me be.

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I agree with what Bill has said and most of Peter's comments. A little disturbed with the redneck things but I'll get over that very very quickly I'm sure. \:D/
AS was a fine place to meet some very good folks, people I'd never met without it. No negative comments from me,,it was a pleasure being part of the AS family and now ASV will grow into and even larger family I'm sure.
Thanks to Justice and the others, not sure who they all are, for putting ASV on the map.
Look forward to seeing what the future holds for ASV.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Oh, but wait Gary. The AS.com site is back up again. Especially for you. You head on back down there and wait for us, we'll catch up in a year or two.
Ok? [-o<
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

- Thomas Jefferson

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think it's right to talk like that about AS.com. Far as I'm concerned, it's like turning your back on a friend who's been there thru thick & thin just because he pissed you off. What I mean is, we all know that AS.com has become more and more unreliable. So ok, let's just transition over here and leave it at that.
Fact is, AS.com has played an important role in my life. I am deeply saddened by the way it's been run to the ground. However, I owe AS.com for the friendship it has allowed me to develop. Regardless of what's happened to it along the years, I will always have a soft sport for AS.com. As I believe alot of others will as well.
So yes, I'm here for good. As mentioned earlier, alot of good folks (and then there's Keith maniac laugh ) have busted their chops to give us this site, and I intend to make use of it. But I don't wanna be bitter about AS.com, the site which allowed me to meet and develop friendships with so many wonderful people.

peter i couldn't agree more !!!!1AS.com has become a big part of my life for the last few years & the friends i've made are priceless !!!!!!! Too bad the site is going downhill like it is . but at least we have a couple of guys that had enough smarts & knowhow to bring ASV to life for us !!!!! THANX GUYS !!!!
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

wow thats completely backwards LMAO #-o #-o #-o #-o

the quote i mean . :D :D :D
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Jboy2
I sleep in my van

Post by Jboy2 »

Well... i went to check Astrosafari.com.... and when i got at the forum.. it WORKED :rock: :rock:

SO right now its working for me.... anyone else? [-o<

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

garysgifts wrote:No Peter AS is not back up!!!!!.See people,just like I have been saying,you can't trust a Canadian talking french wearing a pink dress.LOL!!!!!. 8-[

Hey you can trust a canadian talking french wearing a pink dress..

You just can't trust a Quebec resident talking french wearing a pink dress...

Geez get it right quebec left canada years ago... :^o
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

e7ats
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by e7ats »

IT WAS A WHITE DRESS!!!!

I don't think that site has been blessed with that pic yet. :-$
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by CaptSquid »

And let's hope it never will be!
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Hallelujah on that prayer, Brother Mike!! :whistle:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

- Thomas Jefferson

dragonvan
I get chills without my van.

Post by dragonvan »

ROFLMAO

This thread is proof of why we are all here or there. It doesn't matter which board it is. It is all about the people :partyman:

Thanks guys... had a rough day today and I needed a good belly laugh like that. As I posted in another thread, I may be new but I'm going to stay at ASV. I hope those of you who I have enjoyed learning from and interacted with stick around. I still have a lot more brains to pick for all of that knowledge.
2002 Astro
My Mods List
Ex GM tech, Fabricator
Linux Forever!

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

garysgifts wrote:Holy cow Peter-a white see thru dress!!!!!!!.Now THAT is something I NEVER want to see!!!!!!!!!.lol.
Your probably the ONLY person that hasn`t seen it Gary......
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

WARNING!

USE EXTREME CARE AND CAUTION WHILE VIEWING THE FOLLOWING PHOTO! MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATORS OF ASTROSAFARIVANS.COM CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF VISION, UNCONTROLLABLE BOUTS OF PUKING, OR PERMANENT ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION DUE TO VIEWING THIS PHOTO!
VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Who loves ya Petey?!?!?! :muhaha:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Just when I start to think Petey might be a relatively normal type of guy....

I see this pic again....

Man oh man, am I glad he is on the outside of the U.S. border!

(We luv ya Petey, dress and all!) \:D/
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!