astro rs

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO OBD-1 AND OBD-2, SECURITY, AUDIO AND VIDEO SYSTEMS, PLACE THEM HERE. USE THIS FORUM FOR SES LIGHTS, RPO CODES, FACTORY OPTIONS ETC.

Topic author
samu
I am merely driving my van

astro rs

Post by samu »

whats the difference between an rs and a normal astro? engine, transmittion, suspention, etc?

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Re: astro rs

Post by Kabey's Van »

Hi, and welcome to asv.
Astro's and Safari's came with i4's or v6's with automatics or a 4 speed standard gear box. The rs or lt, cs, etc. are all trim packages and have nothing to do with tranny's, engines or suspensions.

Peter

Topic author
samu

Post by samu »

OK thanks

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Kabey's Van wrote:The rs or lt, cs, etc. are all trim packages and have nothing to do with tranny's, engines or suspensions.
Correction needed, the RS vans were special sport versions. They came with a rear anti-sway bar, gas charged shocks, quick ratio steering gear, and 245/60R15 or 235/65R15 tires. Most of the early ones were half panel vans and had stick on louver panels behind the second row windows.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Topic author
samu

Post by samu »

ok thank you very much and i am sorry because i dont talk or write english very well.Ilive in Finland.

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

You're doing great with the English my friend. Much better than we do down here in south Alabama.lol :muhaha:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

You meen Alabmy. :muhaha:
If your handle Samu is any indication, your english is way better than my finnish.

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

It's True.

The early Safari GT and Astro RS were special Sport packages with sway bars and more goodies like posted above...

They also looked unique, as mentioned.

I like my Safari GT, Its nice.

Welcome to the site. Are you thinking of getting an Astro RS?
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.