hello from the thumb of michigan

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
thumbsafari
I am merely driving my van

hello from the thumb of michigan

Post by thumbsafari »

i am new to the site, i just purchased a 2000 awd safari. i have plans to install a 2 inch lift in the spring. i have already put slightly bigger tires, different exhaust, and a new head unit it the van. i do have a few questions to ask but i am not sure where exactly to post them so i will put them on here. i would like to know where to buy a push bar or brush guard but haven't been able to find anything on the net where to buy one. and is it still possible to buy lifts from overlandvan, if not there is there another company that sells lifts for my van
2000 safari free flow exhaust, 225/70 15 tires, stereo with two 12s and 1600 watts

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: hello from the thumb of michigan

Post by kings-x59 »

Welcome to the site thumb!
someone will be along directly that can answer your question. Do be careful, in the course of discussion on this site, modding your van can become addictive.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Welcome. Overland Vans is still going strong and is still the only Astro/Safari lift company. I don't know of any grill/brush guards currently being made.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Topic author
thumbsafari

Post by thumbsafari »

well thanks for the info. i will have to give them a call
2000 safari free flow exhaust, 225/70 15 tires, stereo with two 12s and 1600 watts

unrreal
I get chills without my van.

Post by unrreal »

welcome aboard thumbsafari, good to see another nutjob that like astrofaris :D check my pics on the grill guard...
p.s. any grill guards from the middle 90's chevy trucks will fit the astrofaris all you have to do is make your own brackets to mount it to the frame, i recommend craigslist if you're hunting for a bargain. any q's send me a P.M.
99 astro awd ls package, 3" bodylift, alarm system w/remote start, tinted windows, tranny cooler, modded air intake, bigger power steering cooler, hood struts, westin pushbar, hypertech tuned running on 91 octane, Hypertech 160* thermostat, 1 ton calipers and pads (not much of a difference as i expected)30" tall tires 245-65-17 on jeep wheels
here is a link to my pics: http://s795.photobucket.com/home/unrreal/allalbums

Topic author
thumbsafari

Post by thumbsafari »

here is a pic of the bull bar i have just installed
Attachments
bull bar.jpg