Hello from Wisconsin

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
napoleon.hardy
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by napoleon.hardy »

New member to the board, have been a lurker for a while so figured i would sign up. Just finished replacing the bumper and grill on my 99 Astro. It ran into a wall in 1995, airbag did not deploy and was able to pound out most of the dents and paint up the scrapes. Bought a parts van with no title and was able to salvage the bumper, grill, and a seat mount for $150.00 and sold the rest to the junk yard for $300.00 so it worked out pretty good. Have a few more issues to fix. Passenger window does not go down with either switch so have to figure out the problem there. It has been having problems starting the past few days... it has been wet. I replaced the cap and rotor, but could not get to the plugs and wires, may have to take it in to have that done. I need to put a coil in I believe. After using a torpedo heater to warm the engine it starts so believe the coil is going. It has 148K miles and still going strong.

Napoleon

oldsmoker
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by oldsmoker »

im new myself, welcome aboard friend! :partyman:
1989 Astro 4.3 283k. Originally a Zimmer conversion van, now a stripped out cargo.

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by ihatemybike »

Welcome Newbs! Add data to your profiles and stuff to your signatures.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86