Hi, newbie here, can i spambot here also?

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Bandit Bill
I am merely driving my van

Hi, newbie here, can i spambot here also?

Post by Bandit Bill »

OK OK I'M KIDDING PUT THE BAN STICK AWAY ALREADY!!

Anyway, i'm a noob on the other board, and with it's annoying issues at present, thought i'd get my login setup here just in case it takes the big flush.

I've had my '97 Safari since 2001, and it's been a love-hate relationship ever since. It's my 'daily driver', and as such lives a fairly boring life. It was bought in mind of hauling a flatbed trailer for my sidecar rig, but it's filled that role all of four times in four years, go figure.

Anyway, thought i'd stick my head up to see who takes a whack at it... nice to meetcha :D
William Strong
'97 GMC Safari SLX
Ontario, Canada

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Welcome Bandit Bill! Watch for the swinging ball bat though...LOL [-X
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

Well, in that case, Hello Bill, from another canadian on the other side of the continent.
Welcome to the backup forum.
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

Welcome aboard Bill , you made the right decision coming here the other board has been great to us but seems to be having major problems & we're not sure how long it will last .

theres alot of really nice people here that are willing to help any way they can . you won't be soory you stopped in . =D>
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

astrogurl
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Hi, newbie here, can i spambot here also?

Post by astrogurl »

Bandit Bill wrote:OK OK I'M KIDDING PUT THE BAN STICK AWAY ALREADY!!

Anyway, i'm a noob on the other board, and with it's annoying issues at present, thought i'd get my login setup here just in case it takes the big flush.

Anyway, thought i'd stick my head up to see who takes a whack at it... nice to meetcha :D
Welcome newbie, luckily we know how to take a joke. However, as payment for your crime of terroristic threats I suggest a few lashes with a wet poodle...now where is Petey when you need him...

So out of curiosity, how did you come by the name Bandit Bill...we may have to up the penalty on the current charge if you are a repeat offender, ya know. :^o

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

Welcome. It is always good to see new members, better yet when they are from Ontario. So where in Ontario are you?
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

Topic author
Bandit Bill

Post by Bandit Bill »

astrogurl wrote:

So out of curiosity, how did you come by the name Bandit Bill...we may have to up the penalty on the current charge if you are a repeat offender, ya know. :^o
Just a common used alias on other bulletin boards, referring to my model of my motorcycle .. the other one i commonly used, HackD, i thought might be a little over the top, considering the introductory title/topic i decided to use for the first post. O:) - Not that i have ereet haxor skills (far from it - i'd have enough issues hacking my way out from an oversized wet paper bag) .. but refers again to my motorbike with a sidecar rig, usually referred to as a 'hack' ... looks like i may have avoided that second charge by the skin o' my teeth. :-#

Rileysowner wrote:
Welcome. It is always good to see new members, better yet when they are from Ontario. So where in Ontario are you?

Hi Riley:

I'm on the Oakville/Burlington border currently, but relocating shortly to the Guelph area.

Thanks for the welcome, i'll be sure to lurk around some.
William Strong
'97 GMC Safari SLX
Ontario, Canada

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Hey wait a minute!! I'm supposed to be hitting you with it; right?!?!?
Welcome to the madness! Great bunch of folks gathered here, and more coming over daily. Too bad about our former home, but nothing lasts forever. See ya around the boards!
Later,
trybe

Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

Bandit, You are the first Newb on the new board... and welcome from Mississauga =D>
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

brianj
I am smitten with my van

officially done at as.com .... for now

Post by brianj »

Well, I've had it. I'm here for good, no more going back and forth. Here's my post from over at AS

My time here at AS.com is now at an end. I am no longer going to check over here. I am tired of seeing post toplics about gay boys trying to wink at my dink every time I scroll the new posts.

I will be at the the back up board
backup

It seems there is a real great effort over there to make it a good working site.

If the current administrative black hole is fixed here at AS.com, I will be back.

Please let's keep the community going over at the new board.

bri

Topic author
Bandit Bill

Re: officially done at as.com .... for now

Post by Bandit Bill »

brianj wrote:Well, I've had it. I'm here for good, no more going back and forth. Here's my post from over at AS

My time here at AS.com is now at an end. I am no longer going to check over here. I am tired of seeing post toplics about gay boys trying to wink at my dink every time I scroll the new posts.

I will be at the the back up board
backup

It seems there is a real great effort over there to make it a good working site.

If the current administrative black hole is fixed here at AS.com, I will be back.

Please let's keep the community going over at the new board.

bri
I never understood that, how some admin's/owners can totally give up on a site, without relinquishing some form of control to a trusted proxy(s) to keep maintenance such as spam attacks from occuring.

More than one forum i've liked ended in such a demise. If he's lost interest, thats ok. But the information should be allowed to live on, rather than fizzle out under a spammer induced implosion.. it's too bad.

And that forum software edit deletion issue... Oy..!
William Strong
'97 GMC Safari SLX
Ontario, Canada

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Welcome to our addiction, er, home, Bandit.

Now, a question for our northern neighbours --- WHY, pray tell, do Canadians feel it necessary to add Canada after their province? Do we 'Mericans add USA after our states?

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

If he said Guelph, ON, I'd know where that is; but is it necessary to say Guelph, ON, Canada????
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Topic author
Bandit Bill

Post by Bandit Bill »

CaptSquid wrote:Welcome to our addiction, er, home, Bandit.

Now, a question for our northern neighbours --- WHY, pray tell, do Canadians feel it necessary to add Canada after their province? Do we 'Mericans add USA after our states?
I think Canadians have a fundamental need to differentiate themselves from the crowd online.. it's a trend i see on most forums where there is multiple-country participation.

It's a cultural thing. We are a big country, spread out largely regionally.. and unlike most of the states, we tend to identify with our province of residence (and generally loyalty) first, and second as Canadians in a commonwealth .. does that make much sense?

You should see some of the dust-ups over contentious Canadian issues, if you stick a couple British Columbia debaters together with some Ontario debaters.. a potential bloodbath in the making if it is the wrong political topic .. only thing worse, is if it involves Quebec 8-[
Last edited by Bandit Bill on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William Strong
'97 GMC Safari SLX
Ontario, Canada

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

Squid, you will notice that my sig is quite simple & abbreviated. It allows people to wonder, if they don't know. On the other hand, it is a fact, is it not, that alot of 'Mericans' don't know Canada all that well? No disrespect intended.

Bill, it depends if that is a Timmys..... :D
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian