fuel pressure regulator on a 95 stro

Topic author
superglide57
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

fuel pressure regulator on a 95 stro

Post by superglide57 »

First thing in the morning, I turn the key on , I hear the fuel pump pressureize and then shut off, try to start it and it takes 3 or 4 attemps to get it to fire up. After that it starts just fine all the rest of the day. Does that sound like the regulator? How big of a job is replacing it? Thanks,Tony

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: fuel pressure regulator on a 95 stro

Post by kings-x59 »

Here's a link and a bump
http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repair ... 52800a809a

this i can't help you with more. There are many guys here that can though.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

bump :poke:
surely one of you guys has a response for superglide ?????
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

It may be your FPR but it may also be your spider ( injectors leaking )

You could attach a fuel pressure gauge to the intake where your lines come in ( there is a shrader valve there ) and see how long your fuel pressure stays up after you shut it off I believe its around 60psi and it should stay there for around a half hour before there is any drop.

You could also take the top of the upper intake off ( its 2 pieces ) and takes a few hrs depending on your skills.Once the top is off you have a view of the injectors and FPR, if your injectors were leaking you will see one side of the bowl washed out more than the other side,if not then you could change out the FPR and hope for the best,if you do change out the FPR make sure it either comes with the proper torx bit ( it has a small hole in the end of the bit ) or you have an assortment of several small sizes of this style torx bit.