After market A/C contol panel fitment

HVAC, heating, cooling, air handling. Anything air temp related.

Topic author
Xephius
I get chills without my van.

After market A/C contol panel fitment

Post by Xephius »

Hey all,

Does anyone know of an aftermarket A/C control panel that will run the stock system on a 95 Astro? (front ac only)
I looked on the Vintage Air site, and they say their product does not support retrofiting into a stock A/C system. That doesn't mean it won't do it, just need to find someone who has done it. Any suggestions?

For what it's worth, I am building a custom dash and don't want to use the stock controls. Any help would be great.

-X

-=John=-
1995 Chevy Panel Wagon - Stillen Body Kit, 3" Drop, Rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, 18" Wheels with Yokohama Wrappers. LT1- .060 Hyper Pistons, Blueprinted and balanced, all ARP, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6:1 SS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Elderbrock Headers, PCM Tuned with LT4 Knock Module, Aeromotive AFPR, 2800 Stall, Hardened 4L60E, Posi 3.72:1 Diff
Getting:
100HP Shot Zex Wet Nitrous Kit.... Why? If you have to ask, you won't understand....

zombie{[six]}
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: After market A/C contol panel fitment

Post by zombie{[six]} »

I just hid my controls up under my dash on the drivers side. Out of sight but easy to control. Sorry i havent posted pics of my dash. I'll try to get to it tonight :)
crate 350 bored .60 over, 700R4, lifted...yada yada yada. Who cares what i have, ITS FAST AND I LOVE DRIVING IT!!!

zombie{[six]}
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by zombie{[six]} »

FOUND AN OLD ONE!!!
Its black now and has a cutout for a single-din radio on the drivers side and 2 cutouts for 6 1/2" speakers where the factory speakers used to be
crate 350 bored .60 over, 700R4, lifted...yada yada yada. Who cares what i have, ITS FAST AND I LOVE DRIVING IT!!!

Topic author
Xephius
I get chills without my van.

Post by Xephius »

Thanks for the pic.

I may do something similar and hide it behind some kind of door, but I would rather replace it all together. I will keep looking.....

-X
-=John=-
1995 Chevy Panel Wagon - Stillen Body Kit, 3" Drop, Rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, 18" Wheels with Yokohama Wrappers. LT1- .060 Hyper Pistons, Blueprinted and balanced, all ARP, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6:1 SS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Elderbrock Headers, PCM Tuned with LT4 Knock Module, Aeromotive AFPR, 2800 Stall, Hardened 4L60E, Posi 3.72:1 Diff
Getting:
100HP Shot Zex Wet Nitrous Kit.... Why? If you have to ask, you won't understand....