Front Clip Removal on 2000 Astro?

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
richardd
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Front Clip Removal on 2000 Astro?

Post by richardd »

Just wondering what is involved in removing the entire front clip on my van. Bad damage to passenger front quarter that got the hood, fender, inner fender, radiator support and headlights caused by collision with an angus cow. If entire clip isn't removable I appreciate any tips, tricks or info that will help me remove and replace the damaged parts.

brokenwrench
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Front Clip Removal on 2000 Astro?

Post by brokenwrench »

richardd wrote:Just wondering what is involved in removing the entire front clip on my van. Bad damage to passenger front quarter that got the hood, fender, inner fender, radiator support and headlights caused by collision with an angus cow. If entire clip isn't removable I appreciate any tips, tricks or info that will help me remove and replace the damaged parts.
by "clip" do you mean subframe? 6 bolts, few things to unhook, it's down

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Front Clip Removal on 2000 Astro?

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome, Richardd. Is it safe to assume the cow is now hamburger? Sorry to hear about the crash. If the van were not crashed I would say removing the front clip as a unit was possible. But now that it is wrinkled up I think your best approach is to just start unbolting everything in sight.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle