What did you do to/with your van today?

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: What did you do to/with your van today?

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

installed the left side of the flip kit...weather permitting on thursday the right side will go in...

Topic author
ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

d3athm3talh3ad wrote:installed the left side of the flip kit...weather permitting on thursday the right side will go in...
She lives! Where you been girl?
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Cool.Get some pics.Good to hear from ya. =D>
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

d3athm3talh3ad

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

She lives! Where you been girl?
been kind of busy with the holidays and lots of birthdays around this time of year...i've been lurking here and there though...
Cool.Get some pics.Good to hear from ya.
planning to after i get a couple other parts installed...

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

And wondered if my wife would work on it after she finished blowing the snow out of the driveway....
:muhaha:

I can just see Susan sliding under my van on the creaper now,,,not going to happen.
Asked her one time to hold a wire for me,,she asked how long do I have to hold it. I moved on without her.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Dull Knife
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Dull Knife »

kings-x59 wrote:
DANVAN wrote:Washed and vacumed it today, after doing a 600 mile roundtrip to my moms and back in upstate NY, over the weekend.

don't wash mine, it makes the paint come off...

new wiper blades, replaced a headlight with a salvage lamp I had in the garage. Got my new aldl cable tonight in the mail. downloaded winaldl the other day. got a new timing light. time to do some detailed investigation and tuning.
I added some new wipers today also. It didn't help the rear. It barely makes contact with window.
I like my chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up .... in my 99 Chevy Astro

http://www.cmt.com/videos/zac-brown-ban ... ried.jhtml

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Grumpy: Aired up the tire with the slow leak, then cruised it around the neighborhood long enough to warm up the engine, parked it back in it's spot in front of the house.

Green: Removed the bike rack from the hitch receiver, then moved it into the garage in preparation of cleaning the grounds tomorrow.
Aaron

1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Post by 6spd_monte »

Yesterday I pulled both exhaust manifolds off, today I will put them back on. I got tired of listening to the leak!
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

d3athm3talh3ad

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

woke up late...broke a socket trying to remove the rear bumper bracket...smacked my head on the hitch...fought with my junky jack all day...got the rear diff on the right side loose...then couldn't get the lower spring shackle bolt loose...ugh! oh well, it's still been a better day than being at work...maybe sunday i can get the rest of the flip kit installed...happy new year everyone...

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

It is the one thing common all of us go thru with days like that.Sure does keep you humble.It will get better.Hang in there.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

Today I rotated my tires. Certainly doesn't seem like a lot of work until you get into it. Sure wish I had got the air compressor I wanted for x-mas. Would have cut the time and effort in half.

I also pulled off the doghouse to look for and try to fix the two problems the idiot at the smog test center created when he tested my van in October. Right after he tested it I had an exhaust leak and I could hear the engine in my stereo speakers. I fixed the stereo problem, but didn't find the exhaust leak. I even drove around with the doghouse off and I couldn't hear $hit, except the engine which was surprisingly loud. I figured the tech pulled a vacuum hose or something and forgot to put it back on. I found nothing. Oh well. :-k
1997 SAFARI 2WD CARGO
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." Nikola Tesla

tbhager94
I sleep in my van

Post by tbhager94 »

Rebel wrote:
And wondered if my wife would work on it after she finished blowing the snow out of the driveway....
:muhaha:

I can just see Susan sliding under my van on the creaper now,,,not going to happen.
Asked her one time to hold a wire for me,,she asked how long do I have to hold it. I moved on without her.
that could be turned dirty real fast lolo :yikes:
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

97CargoCrawler wrote:I also pulled off the doghouse to look for and try to fix the two problems the idiot at the smog test center created when he tested my van in October. Right after he tested it I had an exhaust leak and I could hear the engine in my stereo speakers. I fixed the stereo problem
What was the fix?
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Green: Yesterday, I found the loose ground, removed it, cleaned it up really good, and reinstalled it.
Aaron

stomp13

Post by stomp13 »

Yesterday.

I finished up my speaker and amp install. My wife got me 2 sets of Pioneers Premier 6-3/4" Component Speakers and a Pioneer Premier PRS-Series 4-Channel Amp for Christmas. Im not a huge Pioneer guy. I know they make good stuff. But a Ex-girlfriend of mine, her brother has a "hook up" with Poineer, so I told my wife to deal with him and got the stuff at wholesale. :cheers:

They sound really nice. But now I need some bass. Maybe a single 10inch.

This Sunday, Im going to install the 2inch Overlands lift, that I also got for Christmas!
I'll post before and after pic's.
99 Astro LS AWD. 200k. Overlands 2inch lift. No name 29inch LT tires.