Question on side pop out windows...

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
SnoDrtRider
I get chills without my van.

Question on side pop out windows...

Post by SnoDrtRider »

I noticed today that the slider pop out does not fit properly... at first I thought someone put it in upside down but realized the hinge holes are spaced differently from the latch holes.
I assume that the right side and left side glass panels are NOT the same and someone stuck a drivers side glass in the passenger side... are they the same and just turned around (inside out) or are the not interchangeable?

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Question on side pop out windows...

Post by doyoulikeithere »

Funny, I was just replacing the side windows on by black GT, with darker tinted glass from my old 95, and I noticed that the windows are different from side to side.
I did not notice about the top to bottom, cuz I only undid the tops from the glass and left the poppers in place..
I noticed that if I didn't get the glass over the washers, or the wrong amount of washers, or not tight enough on the top 2, that the window was noticeably not quite right in the way it fits.
Olso. one of the plastic peices is keyed to fit only one way...
I had to go back to one, recenter it and tighten it up more...
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.